Sunday, July 27, 2008

Baked Lasagna Casserole

This is my Dad's lasagna recipe. He writes: "Here it is. I first used cheddar cheese because I did not know what ricotta cheese was and the store did not have it. In other words, the cheddar cheese was an accident. This was when John and I shared an apartment right after getting out of the navy. I was 25 years old. I invited your grandma and grandpa over to eat some of it. Grandpa loved it. Long time ago."

1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion minced
1 clove garlic chopped
1 teaspoon parsley chopped
2 tbs. olive oil
2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
8 ounces Lasagna
2 eggs
3/4 pound ricotta or creamed cottage cheese (my Dad uses cheddar)
3/4 pound sliced Mozzarella
2 cans tomato paste -- (6 oz.)
grated Parmesan Cheese

In a large heavy pan, brown ground beef in oil with onion, garlic, and parsley. Add tomato paste, 2 cups water, salt, pepper and simmer for one hour.
Meanwhile, cook lasagna as directed on package. Mix together eggs and ricotta, cottage, or cheddar cheese. In a 13 X 9 X 2" baking pan spread about 1/2 cup of sauce, then alternate layers of lasagna, sauce, cheese and egg mixture, and mozzarella until baking pan is filled. Top with sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375 degrees F. about 20 minutes. Makes 8 servings.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails