Wednesday, September 23, 2009

French Onion Green Beans

This is modified from a recipe I found in Quick Fixes from Brand Name Mixes. Super easy and super tasty!

1 can (14 oz) French-cut green beans
1 package dry onion soup mix
1 cup water
1/2 cup red wine vinegar (or another 1/2 cup water if you prefer)
black pepper to taste

Place green beans in a skillet and season with black pepper. Combine water, red wine vinegar and soup mix in a bowl and add to the green beans. Let them cook for about 15 minutes until the liquid almost evaporates.

Note: I also added some dried mixed mushrooms I had to the soup mixture. Next time I plan on trying Tarragon vinegar instead of the red wine vinegar. I'd also like to try adding some diced prosciutto or bacon.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails