Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Tortellini Bella Italia

I got this recipe from Juli, and I loved it! I did add a little black pepper and garlic to the sauce since Dustin and I are big garlic lovers. I used the pepperoni because that's what I had on hand. The milk/flour base for this sauce could easily be used for any cream sauce.

Juli's notes: I use mixed tortellini - plain and Spinach pasta stuffed with cheese. I used Buitoni Brand.

Ingredients

8 oz frozen cheese tortellini, without sauce,
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup onion(s)
1 sprays olive oil cooking spray
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
2 1/2 oz Hormel Pillow Pack Turkey Pepperoni (or prosciutto)
8 oz fat-free skim milk


Instructions

1. Cook tortellini according to package.
2. Spray non stick skillet over medium heat.
3.Cook turkey pepperoni and onions until cooked through. Remove from skillet.
4. In separate bowl whisk milk and flour together.
5. Pour into same skillet as before and cook until milk mixture thickens. Stir constantly.
6. After mixture thickens, remove from heat, add cheese and stir well.
7. Add pepperoni (or prosciutto) and onions and tortellini.
8. Serve hot.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails